CONFUSION ABOUNDS -

It is a mystery and an embarrassment all in one.
I have inadvertently created two Blogs. Perhaps having two email addresses in two browsers led me into this mess. These two journals do not cross-populate and neither Blogpsot/Blogger nor anyone on-line seems to be able to help me delete this one and bring the other one to this site. This is unfortunate because there are now different followers of each journal and readers of one cannot see the comments of the readers of the other.
The point of notation here is to alert anyone reading this journal to consider reading the comments in the other posting by checking out the other postings that preceded this journal.
To go to the other journal, click here:

http://palew.blogspot.com

Friday, January 21, 2011

An unexpected calm - - - RAS & IAA greatly diminished

Fairly objective reporting by a few applicants very recently regarding the back-up for issuing invitations by the PC Placement Office has given me a sad, but noticeable sense of calm. Reading that all programs have been filled for this quarter and the PC Placement Office is focusing on invitations for the next quarter has greatly reduced my RAS (Restless Applicant Syndrome) and helped me put my IAA (Invitation Anticipation Anxiety) in check for the time-being.

The news helps to clarify the uncertainty of waiting and it provided support to the ever-present thoughts of actively pursuing other ventures rather than merely watching the calendar while waiting for contact from Placement.

Can anyone help but appreciate what the applicants must have gone through decades ago before we had the near immediate dissemination of news via such things as the PCJs on the Internet?

Thank you to everyone who contributes to the communication network among all interested applicants. The contributions of the experiences of PCVs and RPCVs are also greatly appreciated. A broad perspective is always helpful!

4 comments:

  1. Battle on, Lew. This is hard news, and I'm not sure how I would feel if put in this position (that's a lie, but one must keep up appearances, and total freak out mode wouldn't help anybody).

    I KNOW that you will eventually be placed. I have zero doubt. I will be eagerly watching from the sidelines and sending good vibes your way.

    I'd tell you to keep calm and carry on, but you're already doing an exceptionally good job at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all of this waiting makes the arrival of the beautiful blue packet even more special because we appreciate more than if we hadn't gone through months of waiting. Your placement will come soon, I'm sure :)

    And seriously, I don't know what I would have done without the Facebook groups, PCJs, and the PCW. As nice as it is to have support from the people in your daily life, it's nice to have people to talk to who actually understand what's involved in the process other than "oh, Peace Corps? good luck with that."

    ReplyDelete
  3. the package is blue?!! oooh! Lew, I'm with ya no worries :) It will happen, just a lil more waiting, I guess! I meant to write on my blog that the email I sent earlier this month (Jan. 10th) got the response that she is "currently considering applicants nominated to youth development programs for programs departing April through June 2011." Now, I don't know if that means for central and south america or all regions or what?! I decided to wait a polite 2 weeks, but I am now gonna email again to check in and see if she any more to tell me!!

    Until then, hang in there :) I'll be checking in here for your updates!!
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also meant to comment on your acronyms (e.g. RAS & IAA)! these are great, very funny!!...and yet sooo true!

    ReplyDelete